Someday Someplace...

August 05, 2008

Random! Random! Update! Update! Random Update!!

Its been a year.. exactly a year now. A lot has changed. Way tooo much has changed. Well in my last post, a year ago, I mentioned I’m taking a gamble on a job. Turned out well. After 2 months of working as a temp, I was offered a permanent position, which I duly declined. Another month later I was offered a higher and better position, which I accepted. 6 months ahead, a raise.

Contradictory to my friends, I'm enjoying my life - post graduation. I don’t really miss being a student so much, probably cuz of the pains I went through to finally complete my degree (not so much with flying colors) but I did it!!!! And it feels great. All the pain and effort and fighting and sleepless nights and tension and worries, really paid off. People really look at you differently when you’re out there starting a career – irrespective of the kind of experience you have. Lucky for me, I’m placed in an industry of my interest and also had relevant experience and my education backs my skills.

I’d really lost interest in Blogging. Like Gautam said recently ‘who Josh chala gaya’. Firstly, I was bored of the same ‘ol ranting, same ‘ol shit on everyones blog, I dint bother to keep track. I got so busy with work and my social life (which was almost non existent during college). A social life that I had time for! Anything that happened I could actually discuss it, debate it, laugh at , complain along – all with my friends, collegues, ppl I know ppl who had a better judgement of me. I realized when I blogged, I let out incomplete info on what I was talking about. I could never give everyone a clear picture of where I'm getting at, cuz you HAVE to self censor on the internet . Discussing stuff with ppl you know, around you , who give you an immediate feedback is a better stress reliever. Seriously ppl, just TALK. But please find someone who wants to listen . Don’t go around boring ppl.

I’m so glad I have a strong support system. Been through a shocking change in my life that has left me a lil low. Low on life. Low on self confidence. I react to everything like its all blah. Nothing really matters. Trying to keep myself busy. Change being, a relationship that lasted 6 years has come to an end. I cant say I wasn’t expecting it. Always knew it was bound to happen one day. Knowing this fact I thought It’d be easy to manage. Not likely so. Its practically terrible and devastating. Man, if a relationship feels like that, what does a divorce feel like? But usually ppl get divorced when they don’t want to be with each other. At least here I know that’s not the case. I hope.

I don’t know how often or if I really will blog further, but since its off season for me at work , leaves me with lotsa time to browse around.. I’m seeing loads of new blogs mushrooming around. Pretty interesting ones too. I wont stick to particular blogs anymore, just read what gets updated. Blogging trend has changed as well. I notice ppl are a lot more personal on their blogs than before, all the hula baloo of getting a common platform and discussing community issues seems to have died down. Pretty much expected. Most issues remain untouched and everyone is convinced they aren’t singled out. Once in a while you see good info and useful incidents blogged about, good to share experiences. I also noticed that whoever moves away from the UAE feels more at liberty to publish their pictures on their blogs!

Here's leaving you with two incident from my favorite clan in the world.

Incident I

Me : Hey, do you know which state in India does ‘xyz’ belong to?

S (member of said clan) : ummm.. no..

Me: hey never mind, I found it thanx. Its in Kerela!

S : But you asked me where in India...?

Incident II

My brother waiting in line outside the Indian Consulate to get his passport renewed.

Some guy from God's own country : passport renewal?

My brother : yea

Guy : Which nationality?

***


Posted by Harsha :: 8:58 AM :: 6 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------