Someday Someplace...

July 17, 2006

A Pinch of Racism

I've always felt a lil guilty about being racist about Kerelites. I thought, maybe its just in Dubai that they end up behaving the way they are. I hated working with Mallus.

But after reading this, I dont really feel guilty anymore!!

aarrrrghhh.. I've had some good kerelite friends, but somehow...when it comes to workplaces here, you'd think, in a multicultural working atmosphere, it'd be different nationalities against each other, even in a healthy competitive way, but no, it'd be ALL nationalities vs. Mallus! From personal experience and others telling me. for example, Philipinoes, Iranians, Indians, Egyptians, Pakistani, Emirati (they suck up to them actually) vs. Kerelites.

Just go and live in your self acclaimed 'Gods Own Country' and stay there!!

I've got endless stories on why I generally dislike them… but its not uncommon and I'm not going to rant about it here.

Just yesterday, while having breakfast with dad, he was telling me about his keralite friend, who is a kerelite himself and hates all this shit that goes on here. In Dubai either you have wasta, or you are a mallu, to rise up in your organisation. I'm talking international companies too. This particular friend of my dad deserved a promotion, he wouldnt get it cuz he refused to lick another mallus ass.

Everyone in Dubai must have realised... 2 mallu strangers… they dont know each other, but just cuz they speak the language, they somehow hit it off!

And please, the last thing I want is, some mallu coming and justifying themselves/ arguing about this.

I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT!

FYI, I still have a handful of respectful mallu friends, who aren’t like that and am also grateful to one or two particular kerelites for helping me out in my life.

But on a general note, THEY SUCK AND ONLY THINK ABOUT THEMSELVES EVEN IF IT MEANS MAKING SOMEONE ELSE LOOK UGLY!!

Note:

A. Thank you Gwen for the link.


B. Kerelites who want to tell me how great they think they are and wanna list their achievements here are not welcome. Anybody picking on my so called 'cast' and pointing fingers on my people are also not welcome.

Atleast when someone asks me 'Are you Indian?' I don’t say 'No, I'm from Kerela'


Posted by Harsha :: 9:31 AM :: 18 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------