Someday Someplace...

February 26, 2007

Change

Hi, its been a while.. but my life had more or less been the same.. going smoothly.. things running.. usual ups and downs to deal with.. life was good until everything decided to or is deciding to change. Not that I dint see it coming..but I hadn’t realized it’d all happen together.

Change #1 The luuuurrve of my life has moved away. Well for a while, but it kinda feels like shit here. And it’s the same for him. It just feels so ‘insecure’ (very rightly and oh so thoughtfully described by Dhruv). We’re going on.. but its weird.. I constantly need to let things out, express myself, need to give away a look that suffices for a comment. Cant do that ( I have a VERY expressive face). Its only been ..almost 3 weeks , aur yeh haal hai. Gotta get through the rest of the months. I just hope but the time we get back, we aren’t used to our new routines and people by then and not require each other anymore. Unlikely to happen though. But you never know.. things never happen the way you plan them. I’m glad, else life would’ve been such a BORE!


Change #2 I quit my Job! After 2 and a half years.. I did it.. after so many attempts and inspite of all the sweet talk from my sweet boss, I finally did it! I’m actually training someone these days to take over (and fuck that’s tiring). Though my boss doesn’t believe I haven’t planned my next move (i.e what I’m gonna do after my exams this year), he thinks I’m too smart to not have. All in all I can say is, I’ve really enjoyed working this while and discovered new levels of responsibility and capabilities within myself that I wouldn’t have without having been pushed so far.

Change # 3 I have a braaaand new insaan in my family !!! My very first nephew! Even though he’s my cousins son, its just sooo exciting. This is the first offspring from any of my cousins on either side!! Ooooh I hadn’t even seen my own brother when he was born in less than 24 hours.. kya tamatar lag raha tha!! Uff. Mashallah* (word just tried to correct mashallah and change it into ‘mash allah’), but I don’t like his name that much, sounds like a girls name. Especially when you write it in English. Definitely a girls name.


Change# 4 I’ll graduate this year. Inshallah*. This is one of the reasons I quit my job. I need time and some dedication. I wanna get over with it. And after that, I’m not gonna rush into any further studies. Not that I’m not happy with what I’m doing.. but.. I never got to do what I really wanted to do. Not the next time. I want to make sure I have all possible constraints under control before I take the next step, so that I can do what I really really enjoy and can put my heart to. Because time has only proven I am good at it and everyone around me encourages me to do so. Biggest problem is.. I need time. Like Gautam once mentioned in his blog post about Curry boys, Curry girls also have some clichés to adhere to. Once an Indian girl graduates, she cant just be. She has to be doing 2 things at the same time. You cant be left alone to just work. You either start your masters and you get engaged or work and get engaged or do your masters and work . a-ah no ways can you just… work… or just.. study. Theres no real pressure to get married.. but engaged yea.. you have to .(btw getting engaged in the subcontinent, is a whole other concept compared to the ‘western countries’ )


Anyways I’m not elaborating on other changes like.. I’m finally turn 21 (whats the big deal?)..my mom will finally let me drive alone 9pls note, this is yet to happen). I'm a little freaked out after a recent conversation with someone almost double my age. Someone I thought was soo happy and content, has been through.. the most heart wrenching drama that I have only seen in movies.. and worse. Thinking about it just makes me ponder on how my life would be. If I’m only 20 and keep hoping that it’ll all be over soon.. I still got a LOOOONGGG road ahead. Actually. Its freaky..

Anyways.. retail therepy helps as usual. Check out my new ‘ balls puncturers’(given my height, lifting my leg a straight up enables me to puncture someones balls with these) :


Besides that..

I miss you baby.

* I’m not a Muslim, I’m probably just hanging around with a lot of people, these days, who use those words a lot.


Posted by Harsha :: 12:39 AM :: 10 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------