Someday Someplace...

July 02, 2006

Child Rape in Mumbai

A lot of you/us would have read/heard/been aware about the murder of the 10yr old girl working as domestic help in Mumbai.

You can click on the links above for info on this story.

This whole topic has been talked about alot at home because I have a grandmother who is the guru of all gossip of the community. And yes, this family does hail from the same clan as myself. Though we dont have any direct relations or connections with them, we do hear about them at times. For eg. Rajesh , the primary accused, got engaged recently.

Theres nothing extra that I would know so far than any of the coverage all of this is getting already, except that his sister Roma may be covering up for her brother because he is supposed to get married in December. How smart of a woman to bring home a sister in law to a rapist brother. But then again, if this is the truth or assumptions of the relatives of the family involved, I may not know. My grandmother is the last source of reliability.

The reason I'm putting all of this down here is the thoughts I was having earlier : WHAT IF I HAD TO JUDGE THIS ENTIRE SITUATION.

Should the parents of the little girl be punished, for sending their daughter to work at the age of 10? Should the guy be punished for raping a 10 year old girl? If he DID rape her ie. Should the sister- also now accused - be punished for sticking an aluminium rod up the girl for using her moms make up kit? Should the parents of both be punished, to bring up such adults? (the sister is a mother of 3 herself)

The victim also has a 15 year old sister who works as domestic help in the same building.

If the sister of the accused is proven guilty, will her own children ever near their mother?

"The police are now awaiting the results of DNA fingerprinting and semen tests, currently being conducted on samples found on the victim and those taken from Rajendra and father Vinod."

I ponder : what kind of aluminium rod produces semen?

*I was delaying the post, as usual not trying to bother myself with writing about anything on my blog, but this post by Tainted, motivated me to post it.

Posted by Harsha :: 12:04 PM :: 6 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------